One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. – Luciano Pavarotti
We couldn’t agree more. This simple pleasure is a big part of your holiday experience – when you can look forward to discovering new flavours and having the time to linger over meals.
The Breakfast Room
Our à la carte menu of warm dishes is wholly satisfying, including familiar and spiced-up favourites. But if you can’t wait to get out and explore Cape Town, our deli-style buffet offers grab-’em-and-go options, like bottled smoothies and breakfast pots, whole fruit, and fresh muffins and pastries.
Our chefs will also happily cater for any dietary preferences – children have their own breakfasts to choose from, too – and requirements (vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, etc.). And if later on you’re feeling a bit peckish, there are always treats to look forward to…
Breakfast: 7:00am to 10:30am
Complimentary afternoon tea, coffee, and home-made cake (it’s a surprise) are served in the lounge and on the terrace between 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Enjoy a relaxed afternoon here (perhaps with a book from the lounge library), or pop in between outings.
If it’s 5:05pm and you’ve just missed teatime… never mind. From 5:00pm until 9:00pm, bar snacks and port are on us, and the lounge becomes a social spot to gather in for pre- and after-dinner drinks.
Cape Town is a foodies’ delight. Fancy Italian, French, Japanese, or indeed local Malay? From relaxed cafés to fine-dining establishments with Michelin-star chefs, your choice of restaurant is only a short walk or a few minutes by taxi away.
Should you wish, we can make some recommendations and your reservations.
- Aubergine, Gardens (South African/Mediterranean fine dining)
- Janse & Co, Gardens (bistro fare)
- Kyoto Garden Sushi, Gardens (what’s in a name?)
- Pierino Penati, city centre (Italian cuisine)
- La Tête, city centre (French-bistro fare)
- Gold Restaurant, Green Point (modern African cuisine)
- Willoughby & Co., V&A Waterfront (Seafood)
- Chinchilla Rooftop Cafè & Bar, Camps Bay (modern light meals)
- The Test Kitchen, Woodstock (modern fine dining)
- Haru, Rondebosch (Japanese/Korean cuisine)
- Bocca, Cape Town City Centre (Italian-inspired dining)
Apart from sampling local flavours, why not take a cooking class? Try Bo-Kaap Cooking Tour or Lekka Kombuis to return home with Cape Malay cuisine in your culinary repertoire.
If what you feel like most is staying in (and in your pajamas) our room service menu will ensure you don’t miss out on tasty meals. Dishes include international favourites, which have a home-cooked, comforting appeal.
Room service: 12:00pm to 9:00pm