The Mother City remains one of the most coveted tourism destinations in the world, and it is easy to understand why. There are so many ways to appreciate Cape Town, and one need not necessarily fit into a pre-set itinerary, or stay at an internationally branded large-scale (and priced) hotel to do so. More Quarters promises a unique Cape experience for the specific type of traveller who prefers to live Cape Town like a local, without having to forsake on service and luxury.
We’ve put together a list of the top 10 things that define Cape Town the More Quarters way.
1. This is no chain hotel. If you are the type of traveller who enjoys having your own private space to kick off your shoes wherever they land, make a cup of coffee, listen to your favourite music while enjoying a romantic carpet picnic, watch a marathon set of classic movies on TV or spend a long productive evening at the kitchen counter in front of your laptop, then More Quarters is for you. But we’re never far. Your bed will be made, your apartment kept spotless, your breakfast, fresh orange juice and favourite newspaper ready each morning. At More Quarters, you get to be our guest, but to live like a Capetonian at the same time!
2. Location. Location. Location. And then … Location. While many tourists flock to the waterfront, More Quarters is located in what we believe to be one of the most characteristic parts of the city. Kloof Street pulses with a distinctive character and endless energy. You’ll find quirky shops (from small art galleries to craft and design shops, to beautiful furniture stores), colourful and beautiful people from all walks of life, and other random delights. This place is real!
3. We’re right at the foot of The Table Mountain (one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World), and you need not look far to take in its staggering presence. Ascend the mountain (by foot or cable card) to take in the spectacular views of Cape Town, Robben Island, the Peninsula and beyond. Lion’s Head forms part of the Table Mountain range and is best known for its stunning views of the Mother City and Table Bay on one side, and the Atlantic shoreline on the other.
4. Our incredible team of people know the Cape, and the village atmosphere of our spot on Kloof Street better than any travel directory. Whatever you may be looking for, they will guide you and efficiently take care of arrangements on your behalf.
5. We understand your need to be connected to the things you take for granted at home. We offer complimentary wi-fi, laundry and dry-cleaning services, complimentary return V&A shuttle, access to Virgin Active Health Club, airport transfers, Cape Town excursions, babysitting and courier services – to name a few!
6. You have not lived until you have sipped a cocktail as the sun sets over the Camp’s Bay strip. Just 5 minutes from More Quarters, under the looming Twelve Apostles and Lion’s Head with views out across the turquoise-coloured sea, Camps Bay sports some of the trendiest places in Cape Town to see and be seen.
7. Cape Town is constantly abuzz with music and theatre. We know exactly what is on, and where to direct you based on your personal inclination.
8. Cape Town is a dream destination for foodies Jisca (More Quarters’ General Manager) is a self-professed food fanatic and knows the very best chefs and eateries in the area, as well as further afield. She will gladly guide you to where your taste buds will be happiest, and take care of the booking too!
9. If exercise is your thing, we have routed out a number of great jogging trails for our more athletic clients in the vicinity of More Quarters.
10. It would be our pleasure to help you sample the best of the Cape’s experiences, and in making the necessary arrangements on your behalf. Whether a tour of the Winelands, a coast ride in a side-car, whale watching in Hermanus or abseiling off one of the vertical cliffs perched over The Mother City, we’ll make sure you can focus on living, without worrying about the work.